Anglo-Cherokee-Japanese skateboarder turned musician Korey Dane returns with his second album Chamber Girls. Influenced by the likes of T.S. Eliot, Tom Waits, Karen Dalton, The Beatles and the Stones, and more, Chamber Girls was recorded almost completely live at L.A.’s analog time capsule Valentine Recording Studios, searing instinct and experience direct to tape. Dane produced everything himself, too, except for a quick assist from legendary producer Tony Berg (X, Public Image Ltd.) on one song, and he was inspired by the deceptively simple ethos he’d internalized while making Youngblood: pursue greatness. “Writing a song that you know someone might skip over later is sacrilege,” he says. Instead, he wanted every song on Chamber Girls to feel not only live but alive, too, with that go-forbroke spirit that animates everything he says, does, or sings: “I’m writing all the time,” he says. “I’ve lived by a line a day sometimes. I try and stop when it’s good. If you try and simplify it down to its bare elements ... it’s truly a redemptive act.”
1. Half Asleep
2. Charlie Handsome
3. Hard Times
4. Heart Out West
5. Jay & The Coyote
7. Lovesick In A Hotel Wildfire
9. Down In A Hole
10. The Knife Got Cold
11. Steady Forever 9th Ave (Sunset House, Stand Forever)
- For fans of: Wilco / Bruce Springsteen / Conor Oberst / Ryan Adams / Strand of Oaks / Jim James
- Released on Innovative Leisure, the cult LA independent label behind successful albums by Hanni El Khatib, Allah-Las, BADBADNOTGOOD, Nick Waterhouse, and more.
- Previous support from SPIN, Pigeons & Planes, The Fader, Interview Magazine, Mary Anne Hobbs, the Guardian, and more.
- incl. Poster insert + download card
Quotes for 'Youngblood:
"a timeless-feeling collection of earnest Americana" - SPIN
"Korey’s music has an old soul feel to it" - Pigeons & Planes
"You hear a bit of Jeff Buckley & M Ward mixed with some Conor Oberst & Sufjan Stevens..
classic Americana." - KCRW 'ARTIST YOU SHOULD KNOW'
"Easy Rider-inspired guitar rock" - THE FADER
Inhaber: Juergen Kaindl
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 264043349
Link zur Plattform der EU-Kommission zur Online-Streitbeilegung (OS-Plattform):
Zu der Teilnahme an Streitbeilegungsverfahren vor einer Verbraucherschlichtungsstelle bin ich weder verpflichtet noch bereit.
Verantwortlich für den Inhalt nach § 55 Abs. 2 RStV: